The Association of Business Executives (ABE) offers professional qualifications which are recognised as accepted routes onto the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university qualifications, including the BA Honours Business Management from the University of Sunderland and the BA Honours Human Resource Management from the University of Greenwich.
This programme is taught using a blended approach of practical industry-relevant experiences and academics.
Students will be required to complete the six (6) core units -
- Financial Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Policy, Planning and Communication
- Organisational Behaviour
- Quantitative Methods for Business Management
- The Business Environment
and choose two (2) electives from -
- Economics for Business
- Managerial Accounting
- Managing the Customer Relationship
- Principles of Business Law
Upon successful completion of the ABE Level 5 Diploma, students may progress to the -
- 1 - 1.5 years
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando, Trincity
To be eligible for entry to the ABE Level 5 Diploma in Business Management, you must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- Completion of ABE Level 4 Diploma
- Persons over 21 with four (4) CXC O’level passes inclusive of English & Mathematics and two (2) or more years working experience in a relevant industry at supervisory level
Candidates who do not meet these entry requirements will be considered on an individual basis.
GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE FOR TUITION EXPENSES (GATE)
The ABE Level 5 Diploma in Business programme is 100% GATE approved and the GATE Application process is now available online via TTconnect.
The Government subsidises the full cost of tuition fees. Students wanting to subscribe for funding must fulfill the entry requirements of the Ministry of Tertiary Education, Skills and Training (MTEST).
*Please note in order for nationals to apply for GATE, you must bring your original Birth Certificate, National ID or Passport. Government assistance through the GATE programme only applies to tuition fees.
Students are not entitled to any additional GATE funding to repeat papers within the ABE Programme.
Repeaters are offered a discounted fee, either at the start or during the semester.
Further information on repeaters fees can be obtained at Customer Service or Course Administration.
New Students – In order to register, you must first proceed to the Centre for Certified Professional Programmes (CCPP) Department for verification of your entry qualifications before any payments or registration can be done. You must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting:
- Original certificates along with 2 copies.
- A Job Letter (mature entry route) and original CXC Certificates or any other academic qualifications.
If your entry qualifications are satisfactory you would then be issued the following forms when registering:
- GATE Acceptance Letter
- Student Enrollment Ticket
To complete your registration process you would then be directed to our Advisory and Admissions Centre where you will be given the following form to complete:
- SBCS Registration Form (for registration with SBCS)
Continuing Students – Proof of previous papers attempted, which were funded by GATE must be shown upon registration.