The Edinburgh Business School MBA, Heriot-Watt University has been ranked as Europe's Largest Distance Learning MBA and the second largest in the world by the Financial Times Newspaper survey of approximately 20 of the top global distance learning MBAs.
With a history dating back to 1821, Heriot-Watt University has established a reputation for world-class teaching and practical, leading-edge research, which has made them one of the top UK universities for business and industry.
Heriot-Watt University is a vibrant, forward-looking university, well known for the quality of their degrees with employers actively seeking out there graduates.
Heriot-Watt is also Scotland’s most international university with an unsurpassed international in-country presence. They deliver programmes to 11,800 students in 150 countries around the world.
Heriot Watt University is accredited by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) UK
Ranked in the Complete University Guide 2018
- 28th in the UK and 3rd in Scotland
- Ranked in the top 25% in the UK for 10 subjects – Accounting & Finance, Art & Design, Building, Business & Management Studies, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, and Mechanical Engineering
There are two tuition intakes per year for all courses:
- January - May
- July - November
REGISTRATION DATES FOR THE JANUARY 2018 SEMESTER:
- November 25th - December 14th, 2017
MASTERS INFORMATION SESSIONS
- Champs Fleurs: Saturday, November 11th, 2017 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- San Fernando: Saturday, November 18th, 2017 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Are you ready to be a global professional?
Why choose the EBS, Heriot Watt University MBA or Msc. Degree. Dr. Robin R. Maraj, Executive Director.
Students share their experiences pursuing the EBS Masters at SBCS.
The EBS Advantage
More benefits highlighted by lecturers and students.
Why the Heriot-Watt Masters?
Offered in over 160 countries across the globe and in 4 languages, the EBS MBA is chosen for its intellectual challenge, ability to greatly enhance career prospects and flexibility.
Transform your Career
SBCS offers you a life-changing learning experience that will transform you into a management professional with a globally respected qualification.
Fits your lifestyle
The programmes can be studied and financed one module at a time, if so desired; with face to face support or with online support, either in the form of revision or full tuition classes by SBCS tutors.
Accomplished, knowledgeable lecturers
Our teaching faculty at SBCS comprise of industry professionals with impeccable academic credentials, who have attended formal teaching courses, making them well equipped to deliver to you a transformative educational experience.
Blended Learning Environment
A range of simulations and web based tools are provided online to support your mastery of our courses. Our campuses have been designed with one goal in mind, to provide a learning environment that is safe, connected, comfortable, supportive and convenient.
Leverage Global Partnerships (ACCA-EBS Partnership)
ACCA members can gain fast-track entry through credit transfer when they matriculate for the MSc. in Financial Management and exemptions for up to 4 modules when they matriculate for the MBA.
- 3 Years
- Champs Fleurs, Port of Spain, San Fernando, Trincity
A recognised first or second class honours degree, or equivalent professional qualification.
For those who don’t, entry can still be gained by passing three MBA courses one of which must be a core course.
Please furnish us with the following items when registering for the Heriot-Watt MBA programme:
- National ID OR Trinidad & Tobago Passport + Marriage Certificate (if applicable).
- One (1) passport size photograph.
- All relevant qualifications e.g. Degrees, professional certificates, transcripts or ACCA membership status documents.
- Copy of GATE Status sheet (online GATE Clearance application)
Note: ALL DOCUMENTS MENTIONED ABOVE MUST BE PRESENTED IN THEIR ORIGINAL STATE ALONG WITH COPIES.
Masters PT Tuition Schedule:
- You may be required to use adobe to fill the form/s
- Your form/s can be downloaded, completed, saved and emailed to us at email@example.com
Students can choose from the following:
- Specialisms in Finance, Marketing , Human Resource Management and Strategic Planning
The General MBA consists of seven (7) compulsory and any two elective courses.
The Specialism MBA consists of the seven (7) compulsory and four (4) elective courses from the specialist group.
- Our MBA PROPOSED ORDER SEQUENCE will assist with course selection.
Examination sessions, known as diets, are held in all exam centres for all courses in June and December each year. Minor exam sessions are held in March and August in selected locations for selected courses. A full examination timetable is available on the EBS Student Services website.
Each exam is a 3 hour written exam per course. All questions are compulsory: you do not have a choice. Exam scripts are marked by EBS Faculty and are rigorously scrutinised by external examiners from other UK universities. You are permitted a maximum of two examination attempts for each core course. There is a fee of £140 for each exam you sit.
Exam Registration Deadlines
31 January for the March Diet
20 February for the June Diet
17 July for the August Diet
20 August for the December Diet
E.B.S’s Deadlines (Online Only)
7 February for the March Diet
1 March for the June Diet
24 July for the August Diet
1 September for the December Diet
Exemptions from specific courses may be granted to holders of recognised academic or professional qualifications if they are of degree level and if they have been obtained by examination. University regulations do not permit exemptions to be granted for degrees obtained at the same level. Therefore, exemptions are not awarded to holders of another Master degree even if it was obtained from Heriot-Watt University.
Professional qualifications obtained by examination within two years of application may also lead to exemptions being awarded. For example, ACCA qualification holders may be eligible for exemptions in Accounting, Finance and up to two other courses. Exemptions will be awarded if holders of approved qualifications can provide evidence of comparability of course content. Guidelines on the award of exemptions are available online.
If you wish to apply for an exemption you should complete the relevant section of the Programme Entry Form or download and complete the Exemption Application Form and submit it with the required supporting documentation to Edinburgh Business School, who are the sole authority on this matter. Eligibility for exemption is based on academic achievement only, not on work experience.
Additional Information – Registration as a Heriot-Watt University MBA Student ensures that the student will automatically be registered as a matriculated part-time student at Heriot-Watt University, and as such will receive a matriculation card.
For further information on exemptions please see below link and student handbook:
Government Assistance for Tuition Expenses (GATE)
We would like to advise you that the Ministry of Education (MOE) has restructured the GATE Application process. This new service is referred to as the GATE e-Service, and you are now required to apply for GATE Clearance and GATE Funding electronically.
The following are the steps necessary to access and use this service:
1. Obtain a GATE e-Service ID
2. Apply for GATE at www.e-gate.gov.tt/gate-app/
GATE e-Service ID
To access this service you must firstly obtain your GATE e-Service ID by providing the required documentation to one of the GATE e-Service Registration Officers stationed at TT Connect Offices throughout Trinidad and Tobago. (only Originals are to be presented):
- Electronic Birth Certificate (Mandatory) and
- National ID or Passport and
- Current and Active Email Address (for correspondence from MOE)
Once you have obtained your GATE e-Service ID, you will then be required to apply for GATE Clearance by visiting the following website:
In order to apply for GATE Clearance you will be required to upload scanned versions of:
- Birth Certificate (mandatory) and
- National Identification Card or Trinidad and Tobago Passport
- Marriage/Divorce Certificate (for married/divorced student)
- Deed Poll (for name change)
- Payment Slip (receipt showing proof of payment, for post-graduate student)
- Latest Result Slip / Transcript (for continuing student)
- Acceptance Letter from Institution (for student pursuing new programme) ( Please ensure that you receive this document on registration with SBCS from your Customer Service Representative)
*Do note that Gate covers 50% of Tuition costs up to $20,000.00 for the academic year.