An MBA for tomorrow's leaders, today!
The globally recognized Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University MBA programme, offered via SBCS GLI, Trinidad, covers key management disciplines, including people skills, economics, marketing, financial decision making, project management and strategy.
Students are drawn to this popular MBA programme by its academic rigour, its intellectual challenge, its flexibility and its proven ability to greatly enhance student career prospects.
This ACTT-recognised MBA encompasses seven core courses and two elective courses which are all industry-relevant and practical in nature and taught by excellent and experienced lecturers.
Our flexible programme structure and affordable payment plans are ideal for anyone wishing to attain a high-quality Master’s qualification.
Assessments for all courses are currently facilitated via take-at-home examinations (one per course) No course-work or final thesis is applicable for this programme.
About Heriot-Watt University
Founded in 1821, Heriot-Watt has a rich heritage and is valued for its pioneering research informed by the global needs of business and industry.
Heriot-Watt University is ranked among the top 30 out of 130 UK Universities in the highly regarded 2021 UK University League table. In addition, Heriot-Watt is ranked in the top 300 universities worldwide by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
The university has five campuses across the world: Edinburgh, Scottish Borders, Orkney, Dubai and Malaysia, as well as 53 Approved Learning partners(ALPs) and educational collaborative partners in 150 countries.
In 2018, the UK Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide named Heriot-Watt University as the International University of the Year.
• Registration for the January 2022 semester commences on November 1st, 2021 • The January 2022 semester starts on January 16th, 2022
For further information
- 2.5 Years
- Champs Fleurs
A recognised first or second class honours degree, or equivalent professional qualification.
For those who don’t, entry can still be gained by passing three MBA courses one of which must be a core course.
Students can choose from the following:
- Specialisms in Finance or Strategy
The General MBA consists of seven (7) compulsory and any two elective courses.
The MBA with Specialism in Finance consists of eight (8) compulsory and three (3) specialist electives
The MBA with Specialism in Strategy consists of seven (7) compulsory and four (4) specialist electives
- Our MBA PROPOSED ORDER SEQUENCE will assist with course selection.
All examinations will be delivered as ‘Take-at-home’ in December 2021. This means you will not need to travel to or attend an examination centre in person in December and you will be able to complete your examination at home.
Further information about the December 2021 examinations will be published on your EBS Student Portal.
EBS Exam Registration Deadlines
1 May for the June Diet
24 July for the August Diet
1 September for the December Diet
Prior Certified Learning (PCL) will be considered where:
- The qualification has been awarded from an institution recognised by Heriot-Watt University.
- The qualification has been gained within the last five years.
- Where the qualification was gained more than five years ago, evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) within the relevant area, should be submitted with this application.
- In the case of an undergraduate qualification e.g. bachelor degree:
- It has been fully completed and awarded.
- It has been assessed by summative and/or formative methods which include examinations.
- It majors/specialises in the course you are seeking exemption from e.g. Bachelor Arts in Marketing, or
- It has a concentration of courses, relevant to the course you are seeking exemption from, which accounts for at least 20% of the degree as a whole e.g. a transcript showing 54 courses in total would need to have at least 11 courses which we deem to be relevant to course you are seeking exemption from.
- In the case of postgraduate qualifications e.g. postgraduate diploma:
- It has been fully completed and awarded (exceptions apply, please refer to point 2 in the Recognition of Prior Learning Notes of Guidance).
- It has been assessed by summative and/or formative methods which includes a formal examination that accounts for at least 50% of the assessment methodology in each course.
- In the case of Professional Qualifications e.g. Chartered Accountant:
- It has been fully completed and awarded.
- The qualification has been gained by sitting the awarding institute examinations and not through affiliation with another professional body or professional experience.
For further information on exemptions please see below link and student handbook:
If you have any questions regarding the exemption and credit award policy, specifically in relation to your own qualifications, please contact Edinburgh Business School before submitting a formal application.