This programme is designed to transform the participants into confident and competent video editing practitioners. By the end of this course all participants will be able to manipulate and combine various formats of video and images into finished video products at a level worthy of broadcasting. Additionally, participants would be guided through the proper techniques for editing various types of media, such as interviews/documentaries, news/narrative pieces, television commercials, and short films. Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and Adobe After Effects CS6 will be editing software used, however the principles taught will be applicable to any other professional non-linear edit platform.
Persons wishing to understand the process of creating video by capturing moving images (videography), and creating combinations and reductions of parts of this video in live production and post-production (video editing).
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Learners have access to a fully equipped Graphic Design Studio and Mac/Computing Labs to carry out various learning activities
- The course is career-oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on Saturday, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
The duration of this course is 24 contact hours.
- Payment Plans are available
SCHEDULE & FEES
|Start Date||End Date||Mode of Delivery||Days||Tine||Mode||Cost|
|25-Sep-21||13-Nov-21||Online||Sat||9:00 am - 12:00 pm||Sat||US $345/ TT$2250.|
Please click Registration Information for more details.
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
On completion students can progress to:
- 24 Contact Hours
- Champs Fleurs
Participants should be computer literate.
Requirements for Online Sessions:
- Windows OS: Windows 10
- Office: Microsoft Office 2019 (Office 2016 is similar to the 2019 version)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Requirements for Lab Sessions:
- An external storage device (SD card or hard drive) of at least 64 GB
- Administration fee: Free Registration at this time for all short courses.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$2,250.00 can be made via a direct or in bank deposit as directed here.
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Media, Communication & Design (CMCD) email@example.com informing of such.
Once CMCD verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to Centre for Media, Communication & Design (CMCD) firstname.lastname@example.org or call 663-7227 extension 1041 – 1045.
On the completion of this programme , participants should:-
- Know the basic history of editing technology and practices.
- Understand the role of the video and film editor.
- Understand and manipulate the various components of the editing programme’s interface.
- Import footage from digital files.
- Understand and applying shooting techniques to capture quality video shots.
- Understand and apply the techniques for recording clear audio for editing projects.
- Be able to trim video and audio clips.
- Be able to analyse and interpret footage and other commonly used media.
- Understand the concepts of proper editing –timing, rhythm, and pace.
- Be able to apply and manipulate video and audio effectstransitions.
- Be able to animate/key-frame video and audio effects
- Be able to create titles and on-screen text.
- Achieve a basic understanding of Adobe After Effects