MSc. Safety, Health, Environment & Occupational Hygiene Programme
This programme is ideal if you aspire to or are currently working as a health and safety professional. Taught by leading experts in the industry together with our fresh approach to teaching, you will learn and develop innovative approaches when managing health and safety issues.
To be eligible for entry to the programme you must have at least one of the following:
- University of Greenwich BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment
- Nebosh Diploma with relevant work experience
*An Honours Degree in a Science or Engineering subject - Must do “Fundamentals to Health Safety and Environment” course in the absence of the Nebosh Certificate or an equivalent qualification.
The deadline date for registration for this programme is Saturday 30th November, 2013.
The Post Graduate Diploma / MSc Occupational Safety and Health/Occupational Hygiene pathway has been accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH - http://www.iosh.co.uk/) and graduates will be eligible for Graduate Member Status of the Institution.
A student who is registered for the MSc may apply to IOSH once they have satisfactorily completed Part 1 of the programme with a supporting letter from the programme Director, and their registration with IOSH can commence from that date, prior to the completion and award of the MSc. Full Corporate membership will be awarded on completion of the required practical and professional experience; for someone currently in employment this may be synonymous with award of the Postgraduate Diploma or MSc.
The Post Graduate Diploma / MSc Occupational Hygiene pathway has also been accredited by the Faculty of the British Occupational Hygiene Society (FBOHS) and graduates will be exempted from the Diploma Core Examination for Graduate Membership of the Faculty. All students seeking registration with the Faculty will be required to take the BOHS oral examination.
Tuition for course will be offered in specific semester.
- Semester 1: January 2014 - April 2014
- Semester 2: July 2014 - October 2014
- Semester 3: January 2015 - April 2015
- Semester 4: July 2015 - October 2015
Courses Covered Include: Eight (8) Courses and one (1) Project:
1. OMED1221 The Chemical Environment
2. ENVI1131 Environmental Impact and Management
3. OMED1222 Mgmt of Physical Agents
4. OTEC1001 Ergonomics and Workplace Psychology
5. OMED1060 Safety and Risk Management
6. OMED1252 Reflective Practitioner
7. RESE1059 Research Methods
8. BUIL1093 Critical Thinking
9. Dissertation - an individual project on a MSc SHE topic (OMED1224) or MSc OH topic
10. (OMED1229) area depending on the programme selected.
The proposed Course Listing is subjected to change.
Kindly email the Greenwich Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to contact:
- Tricia Adams - Senior Course Administrator
- Crystal Lezama- Assistant Course Administrator
- Stephen Solozano - Assistant Course Administrator
In order to register, you must first proceed to the Centre for UOG Programmes for verification of your entry qualifications before any payments or registration can be done. You must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting:
- Original academic certificate and official transcipts.
- Students registering with a NEBOSH level 6 diploma in health and safety must present a detailed resume and/or a detailed job description.
In cases where student transcripts are used for registration with SBCS, students must request an original transcript from their relevant examination body/educational institute.
All official transcripts must be forwarded to:
Senior Course Administrator
School of Business & Computer Science Limited
53-54 Sagan Drive
Trinidad, West Indies
If your entry qualifications are satisfactory you are then required to complete the following forms:
- University of Greenwich Application Form (for registration with the University).
- SBCS Registration Form (for registration with SBCS).
- GATE Application Form (tuition funding for nationals only).
*After payment of application fee to SBCS, you are required to present the receipt for recording of the receipt number at the Center for University of Greenwich Department.
If you need an acceptance letter after registration, kindly make this request on the relevant form at the Center for University of Greenwich Programmes.
Letters can be collected after three (3) working days.