This course suits individuals from a diverse range of business and academic backgrounds, with high
aspirations for their careers. The course will equip you for roles in Big Data and data analytics or to drive
the changes in technology and knowledge that your organisation needs.
Our course will focus on how Big Data is changing the landscape of business and the types of analytical
techniques required by today’s businesses. By studying the course, you'll develop your quantitative skills
as well as critical thinking about how Big Data can be used.
- 30 - 60 Contact Hours
At the end of the course, you will be able to achieve the following learning outcomes:
1. Develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of methods, tools and techniques used to solve Big
Data problems in business contexts.
2. Understand Big Data trends and strategies used to solve associated problems.
3. Understand and demonstrate different quantitative techniques for evaluating data.
4. Understand technologies that support Big Data analytics.
5. Develop practical skills for assessing Big Data.
6. Evaluate the usefulness and limitations of common tools and techniques.
7. Develop the ability to analyse complex problems through coursework.
8. Critically review different analytical approaches through class discussion and lab sessions on the
use of commercial software.
- Introducing Big Data analytics
- Big Data analytics processes, framework and strategies
- Data exploration
- Introduction to modelling and machine learning
- Data mining
- Challenges in Big Data analytics
- Cloud computing and the the internet of things
- Master of Business Administration - MBA
An MBA for tomorrow's leaders, today!
The globally recognized Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University MBA programme, offered via SBCS GLI, Trinidad, covers key management disciplines, including people skills, economics, marketing, financial decision making, project management and strategy.
Students are drawn to this popular MBA programme by its academic rigour, its intellectual challenge, its flexibility and its proven ability to greatly enhance student career prospects.
This ACTT-recognised MBA encompasses seven core courses and two elective courses which are all industry-relevant and practical in nature and taught by excellent and experienced lecturers.
Our flexible programme structure and affordable payment plans are ideal for anyone wishing to attain a high-quality Master’s qualification.
Assessments for all courses are currently facilitated via Timed Online Coursework. No assignment or final thesis is applicable for this programme.
About Heriot-Watt University
Overview of the MBA and MSc pathways
Founded in 1821, Heriot-Watt has a rich heritage and is valued for its pioneering research informed by the global needs of business and industry.
Heriot-Watt University is ranked among the top 50 out of 130 UK Universities in the highly regarded 2024 UK University League Table. In addition, Heriot-Watt is ranked in the top 300 universities worldwide by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
The university has five campuses across the world: Edinburgh, Scottish Borders, Orkney, Dubai and Malaysia, as well as 53 Approved Learning partners (ALPs) and educational collaborative partners in 150 countries.
In 2018, the UK Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide named Heriot-Watt University as the International University of the Year.
• Registration for the January 2024 semester commences on November 6th, 2023 • The January 2024 semester starts on January 14th, 2024
• The Online Master's Information Session will be held on November 25th, 2023 | 10:00 am - 12:00 pm Join us for an interactive session to obtain detailed insight into our industry respected Master's programmes. Meet our experienced Faculty and hear from our Alumni on their journey to success. You will be given the opportunity to directly engage lecturer, alumni and administrative staff with your questions and/or queries. Book your space today! Email us at Masters@sbcs.edu.tt indicating your full name, email address and contact number.
For further information