The course is divided into six modules. In the first of these, we will introduce you to the concept of business analytics and will explain how data and statistical tools help people and management to gain experience in the context of business decisions and problem solving.
The next two modules focus on descriptive analytics. Module 2 focuses on the statistics concepts using a range of tools and techniques. Module 3 examines inferential statistics methods using different sampling methods and estimation.
Module 4 introduces predictive analytics. Predictive analytics is concerned primarily with converting data into useful information that allows us to predict future performance within the business. In this module we’ll look at a wide range of techniques that analysts use, including different regression models and forecasting tools.
Module 5 introduces prescriptive analytics. Prescriptive analytics is concerned primarily with converting data into useful information that tells us about the likely outcome of an event within the business. In this module, we introduce a range of different tools and techniques for prescriptive analytics, beginning with discrete event simulation, then turning to probabilistic simulation using Monte Carlo simulation. We then look at linear programming and decision analysis.
Module 6 focus on the impact of big data upon the organisation. The term 'big data' refers to any array of datasets that is so complex and large, and difficult to process with the traditional data management software. In this module we examine how to select an alternative processing method in order to extract value and discover insights from the data. Big data is the next evolution of business analytics, business intelligence and data warehousing, and it is compiled to help businesses generate revenues.
- 30 - 60 Contact Hours
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- understand the different approaches used by business analysts and management consultants to solve decision problems;
- appreciate the purpose and value of business analytics in management decision making;
- possess a working understanding of the key statistical concepts that underpin aspects of strategic decision sciences;
- gain the practical skills to apply a range of analytical techniques used by Business Analysts; and
- gain a high-level understanding of the key concepts of big data and big data analytics.
- Introduction to business analytics
- Descriptive analytics-Introduction to Statistics
- Descriptive analytics- Sampling and Estimation
- Predictive analytics
- Prescriptive analytics
- Introduction to big data
- Master of Business Administration - MBA
An MBA for tomorrow's leaders, today!
The globally recognized Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University MBA programme, offered via SBCS GLI, Trinidad, covers key management disciplines, including people skills, economics, marketing, financial decision making, project management and strategy.
Students are drawn to this popular MBA programme by its academic rigour, its intellectual challenge, its flexibility and its proven ability to greatly enhance student career prospects.
This ACTT-recognised MBA encompasses seven core courses and two elective courses which are all industry-relevant and practical in nature and taught by excellent and experienced lecturers.
Our flexible programme structure and affordable payment plans are ideal for anyone wishing to attain a high-quality Master’s qualification.
Assessments for all courses are currently facilitated via Timed Online Coursework. No assignment or final thesis is applicable for this programme.
About Heriot-Watt University
Overview of the MBA and MSc pathways
Founded in 1821, Heriot-Watt has a rich heritage and is valued for its pioneering research informed by the global needs of business and industry.
Heriot-Watt University is ranked among the top 50 out of 130 UK Universities in the highly regarded 2024 UK University League Table. In addition, Heriot-Watt is ranked in the top 300 universities worldwide by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
The university has five campuses across the world: Edinburgh, Scottish Borders, Orkney, Dubai and Malaysia, as well as 53 Approved Learning partners (ALPs) and educational collaborative partners in 150 countries.
In 2018, the UK Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide named Heriot-Watt University as the International University of the Year.
• Registration for the January 2024 semester commences on November 6th, 2023 • The January 2024 semester starts on January 14th, 2024
• The Online Master's Information Session will be held on November 25th, 2023 | 10:00 am - 12:00 pm Join us for an interactive session to obtain detailed insight into our industry respected Master's programmes. Meet our experienced Faculty and hear from our Alumni on their journey to success. You will be given the opportunity to directly engage lecturer, alumni and administrative staff with your questions and/or queries. Book your space today! Email us at Masters@sbcs.edu.tt indicating your full name, email address and contact number.
For further information