The aim of this unit is to develop students’ understanding of the extent to which employee relationships impact on stakeholders who are internal and external to an organisation. Students will also be in a position to judge the possible outcome of employee relationship situations which will support an effective conflict avoidance intervention. Students will develop the skills required to understand the models, practice and process of employee relations in a broad context.
- This course is offered in 50 contact hours.
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Apply the principles of employee relations in an organisational context.
- Determine appropriate advice relating to rights, duties and obligations of the employment relationship.
- Analyse the role of different stakeholders who support positive employment relationships.
- Evaluate the broader impact of negative and positive employee relationships.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business
Acquire an Honours Degree in Business, Human Resource Management or Marketing via the Pearson BTEC HND in Business route.
As we face an increasingly challenging business environment, employers are looking for professionals who can easily find solutions to an array of problems. The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business (RQF) focuses on developing students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. It is a professional qualification that is recognised as an accepted route into the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university degree qualifications.
Click to learn more about what is an HND.
This Level 5 HND is ideal for those who wish to study at an undergraduate level to pursue or advance their career in business.
It comprises 15 units; 12 core, and 3 electives specific to your chosen specialism (Management, Human Resources and Marketing). Successful completion of the BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business allows direct entry into our following University of Sunderland qualifications:
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Top-Up)*
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing (Top-Up)*
- BA (Hons) Business and Human Resources (Top-Up)*
*These programmes can be completed in 12-18 months.
Upon completion of the above-mentioned degrees, one can then progress on to:
Click here to see our full suite of Higher National Diploma programmes, or here for our 2019 academic schedules.
CSEC/CXC graduates: your internationally-recognised honours degree is closer than you think. Click to find out how.
- Short Business Courses
- Short Information Technology Courses
- Diploma in Applied Business Studies
- ABE Level 4 Diploma in Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Business Administration