Almost every aspect of our lives relies on electrical powered, electronically controlled machines and devices, many of them digital in format. To properly understand how to make the most efficient use of these devices in a safe and economical way, it is vital to have a thorough knowledge of the underlying principles on which they rely.
This unit builds on the preliminary techniques and skills introduced in Unit 20 Electrical, Electronic and Digital Principles.
The emphasis in this unit will be in developing a structured approach to the analysis of AC single-phase and three-phase powered circuitry. This will help students to arrive at the solution in the most efficient way, with the greatest probability of it being correct. In addition, students will be introduced to the expanding use of computers, using specialised software to solve electrical, electronic and digital circuits. This will allow students to develop the necessary confidence and competence in the four key areas of mathematical techniques, circuit analysis, circuit simulation and laboratory practice.
Successful completion of this unit will enable students to cope with increasingly complex problems and prepare them for the challenge of Level 6 academic programmes.
- This course is offered in 45 hours.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Engineering)
The Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) will develop students into highly trained, competent professionals, who are able to meet the demands of employers in the various engineering sectors.
This qualification also serves as the next step for students completing the SBCS Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology programme and are interested in pursuing the BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Technology).
Why choose the HND in Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Engineering)?
- Recognition: This is an Internationally recognized qualification, recognized in more than 70 countries worldwide.
- Final Year Entry: Graduates of this programme gain direct access to the final year of the University of Greenwich's B.Eng. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Technology) programme offered at SBCS, Champs Fleurs campus.
- Career-focused: The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace after consultation with employers, students, and professional bodies.
- Practical hands-on training: Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught.
Why study Electrical and Electronic Engineering at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Work, Earn and Study at the same time. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
Schedule & Fees
The next intake for this offering will be in October 2023.
For more details on fees and courses Download the Programme Brief
FEE AMOUNT NOTE SBCS Registration Fee
TT$850 each semester
Payable upon registration every semester (for 6 semesters) Tuition Fee
TT$2,200 (per 15 credit module)
TT$4,400 (per 30 credit module)
Total Tuition Fee over 2 years: TT$35,200 BTEC Registration and Annual Fees
Payable by: November, 2023
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.