The BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable final year, top-up option to graduates of the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering programme offered at SBCS.
Students with only a CSEC or CXC qualification are required to first complete our Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology and then our Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering programmes before entering the final year of this degree.
This programme was designed to provide students with a broad range of skills for using equipment and techniques and to be able to apply these skills to real-life practical situations. As an engineer, you will play a significant role from development and testing through to manufacturing and maintenance.
Why study Electrical and Electronic Engineering at SBCS?
- Recognition: This is an Internationally recognized qualification, awarded by the University of Greenwich.
- Career-focused: The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace for qualified, competent electrical and electronic engineers.
- Graduates: We have produced graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically. They are currently practicing professionals, employed throughout the oil and gas, utilities and manufacturing sectors.
- Convenient class schedules: Work, Earn and Study at the same time. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Duration: Programme can be completed in one year based on your entry qualifications.
- Professional Recognition: Programme is approved by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT).
The next intake for this offering will be in October 2023.
For more details on fees and courses email email@example.com
- This qualification can be earned in two (2) years.
- Champs Fleurs
Students wishing to enter this programme may do so from the final year (Year 3) based on their entry qualifications.
- In order to register for the Third or Final year, you must have at least one of the qualifications listed:
– Associate Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from a recognized Institution
Note: Students with only a CSEC or CXC qualification must first complete our Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology and then our Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
The next intake for this offering will be in October 2023. Registration is currently open.
For more details on fees and courses Download the Programme Brief
HOW TO REGISTER
Step 1 – Confirm your eligibility. Forward soft copies of the following to CITE@sbcs.edu.tt
- Original certificate and transcript or official transcript and completion letter from the awarding educational institution
- National ID or Passport
- For students with qualifications more than five years old, a resume listing positions held and key responsibilities will be also required.
Administration must confirm of your eligibility before you apply.
Step 2 – Complete the Online Programme Registration Form and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via any of the following options below.
Step 3 – Payment can be made via Direct deposit / Online bank transfer. Please click here for further instructions regarding the banking options available.
Please note that online bank transfers can be done from the following banking institutions – Republic Bank, Royal Bank, First Citizens Bank and Scotia Bank.
Step 4 –WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to the Centre for Information Technology and Engineering indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
Note: If an Acceptance Letter is required after registration, kindly note that such requests usually takes three (3) working days to process.
For further information, please send an email to the Centre for Information Technology and Engineering
Aims and Objectives
The aims of the programme are:
- To develop graduates who can apply appropriate principles and techniques to produce well-judged solutions to Electrical and Electronic Engineering problems
- To develop graduates that can have necessary skills and attributes to work as engineers
- To equip students with an awareness of engineering applications in the wider economic and social context
- This programme is approved by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT)
- Graduates of this programme can apply for Associate Membership from the Association of Professional Engineers of Trinidad and Tobago (APETT)