This course aims to develop a thorough understanding of how global purchasing and supply works in a variety of sectors, including automobiles, clothing, food, and services.
Throughout this course, you'll be exploring the complex supply chains that form the backbone of the global economy. You'll do so by discovering how global purchasing and supply works in a variety of sectors including, but not limited to automotive, clothing, food, and some parts of the service industry as well.
During the course you take both a both a historical perspective, exploring how global supply chains have developed over time, and futuristic approach: analysing in a logical and systematic way how geopolitical, technological, and other developments impact future international supply chain operations.
As you advance through the course, you'll carry out a wide range of practical tasks including exploring the origins of products, practising vendor selection reflecting on your negotiation skills.
- 30 - 60 Contact Hours
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Appreciate the contribution that purchasing can make to business competitiveness
- Demonstrate a critical appreciation of the principles of purchasing management
- Be familiar with a range of practical techniques applied by purchasing managers
- Know where to obtain relevant information on purchasing management
- Demonstrate the key concepts of purchasing management
- Apply these concepts in practical business settings
- Utilize and source relevant information from library, internet and database sources
- Appreciate the complexity of supply chains and the implications of managing assets owned by someone else
- Assess the extent of dependence on external resources
- Be able to apply a range of practical purchasing techniques
- Carry out supplier appraisal including assessment of financial stability
- Appreciate the principles of global purchasing including international trade and INCOTERMS
- Measure and report on purchasing performance
- Introduction to global purchasing and supply
- Supply management
- The business of purchasing
- International Trade
- International Supplier Appraisal
- Master of Business Administration - MBA
An MBA for tomorrow's leaders, today!
The globally recognized Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University MBA programme, offered via SBCS GLI, Trinidad, covers key management disciplines, including people skills, economics, marketing, financial decision making, project management and strategy.
Students are drawn to this popular MBA programme by its academic rigour, its intellectual challenge, its flexibility and its proven ability to greatly enhance student career prospects.
This ACTT-recognised MBA encompasses seven core courses and two elective courses which are all industry-relevant and practical in nature and taught by excellent and experienced lecturers.
Our flexible programme structure and affordable payment plans are ideal for anyone wishing to attain a high-quality Master’s qualification.
Assessments for all courses are currently facilitated via Timed Online Coursework. No assignment or final thesis is applicable for this programme.
About Heriot-Watt University
Overview of the MBA and MSc pathways
Founded in 1821, Heriot-Watt has a rich heritage and is valued for its pioneering research informed by the global needs of business and industry.
Heriot-Watt University is ranked among the top 50 out of 130 UK Universities in the highly regarded 2024 UK University League Table. In addition, Heriot-Watt is ranked in the top 300 universities worldwide by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
The university has five campuses across the world: Edinburgh, Scottish Borders, Orkney, Dubai and Malaysia, as well as 53 Approved Learning partners (ALPs) and educational collaborative partners in 150 countries.
In 2018, the UK Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide named Heriot-Watt University as the International University of the Year.
• Registration for the January 2024 semester commences on November 6th, 2023 • The January 2024 semester starts on January 14th, 2024
• The Online Master's Information Session will be held on November 25th, 2023 | 10:00 am - 12:00 pm Join us for an interactive session to obtain detailed insight into our industry respected Master's programmes. Meet our experienced Faculty and hear from our Alumni on their journey to success. You will be given the opportunity to directly engage lecturer, alumni and administrative staff with your questions and/or queries. Book your space today! Email us at Masters@sbcs.edu.tt indicating your full name, email address and contact number.
For further information