Making Strategies Work examines all the issues that both help and hinder a good business plan and shows how a series of complex monitoring and control tools can keep the strategy on course. It introduces a practical and rigorous process to help convert plans into actions that deliver results.
- 45-60 Contact Hours
- The strategy implementation age.
- The Making Strategies Work process for linking strategy to action.
- Organisational designs, processes and systems.
- Using causality for aligning activities with objectives.
- Competitive advantage and strategy implementation.
- MSc. Strategic Planning (Continuing Students only)
The MSc. in Strategic Planning is the capstone of the core modules in the MBA programme as it draws from the main business disciplines covered in the other six core modules.
This course is designed to assist managers to develop an overall strategic understanding of the organization beyond any one functional area. It looks at the fundamental questions at the heart of strategic planning “What does an organisation want to achieve? How does it go about achieving it?” and helps to formulate suitable answers.
In a world of rapid change, organisations that can identify, design and effectively and efficiently implement these needs are more likely to survive and prosper.
- Heriot Watt University holds a Royal Charter from the UK Government.
- Read more on the Heriot Watt University Accreditation.
- Heriot Watt University is also reviewed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) UK.
- Ranked 29th out of 130 UK universities in the Complete University Guide 2021.
- Named by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide as International University of the Year 2018.
- Click here for the full list of HWU rankings.
REGISTRATION PERIOD FOR THE JULY 2020 SEMESTER:
- June 27th - July 11th, 2020
- July 13th, 2020
For further information: