The aim of this course is to introduce you to the theories and principles behind performance measurement and management from both technical and social perspectives.
The course will also introduce the methods, tools and techniques for measuring and managing performance as well as analysing and troubleshooting existing performance measurement and management systems in the context of industrial, commercial and public sector organisations.
- This course is offered in 45-60 hours
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the theory and practice of performance measurement, diagnose and design effective performance measurement systems
- Critically evaluate the theory and practice of performance management, diagnose and design approaches for managing performance of organisations
- Analyse, review performance measurement and management systems of a range of organisations
- Design and implement effective performance improvement interventions
- The Theory-Development of theory and practices
- Technical controls-What are we managing; a systems perspective
- Technical controls-How to develop effective performance measurement systems
- Social controls-Understanding the drivers of performance
- Social controls-Using the PMS to manage performance of an organisation
- Improvements- Delivering effective performance improvement interventions
- Master of Business Administration - MBA
An MBA for tomorrow's leaders, today!
The globally recognized Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University MBA programme, offered via SBCS GLI, Trinidad, covers key management disciplines, including people skills, economics, marketing, financial decision making, project management and strategy.
Students are drawn to this popular MBA programme by its academic rigour, its intellectual challenge, its flexibility and its proven ability to greatly enhance student career prospects.
This ACTT-recognised MBA encompasses seven core courses and two elective courses which are all industry-relevant and practical in nature and taught by excellent and experienced lecturers.
Our flexible programme structure and affordable payment plans are ideal for anyone wishing to attain a high-quality Master’s qualification.
Assessments for all courses are currently facilitated via Timed Online Coursework. No assignment or final thesis is applicable for this programme.
About Heriot-Watt University
Overview of the MBA and MSc pathways
Founded in 1821, Heriot-Watt has a rich heritage and is valued for its pioneering research informed by the global needs of business and industry.
Heriot-Watt University is ranked among the top 50 out of 130 UK Universities in the highly regarded 2024 UK University League Table. In addition, Heriot-Watt is ranked in the top 300 universities worldwide by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
The university has five campuses across the world: Edinburgh, Scottish Borders, Orkney, Dubai and Malaysia, as well as 53 Approved Learning partners (ALPs) and educational collaborative partners in 150 countries.
In 2018, the UK Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide named Heriot-Watt University as the International University of the Year.
• Registration for the January 2024 semester commences on November 6th, 2023 • The January 2024 semester starts on January 14th, 2024
• The Online Master's Information Session will be held on November 25th, 2023 | 10:00 am - 12:00 pm Join us for an interactive session to obtain detailed insight into our industry respected Master's programmes. Meet our experienced Faculty and hear from our Alumni on their journey to success. You will be given the opportunity to directly engage lecturer, alumni and administrative staff with your questions and/or queries. Book your space today! Email us at Masters@sbcs.edu.tt indicating your full name, email address and contact number.
For further information