This unit is assessed by a Pearson-set assignment. Students will choose their own project based on a theme provided by Pearson (this will change annually). The project must be related to their specialist pathway of study (unless the student is studying the general business pathway). This will enable students to explore and examine a relevant and current topical aspect of business in the context of the business environment and their chosen specialist pathway.
The aim of this unit is to offer students the opportunity to engage in sustained research in a specific field of study. The unit enables students to demonstrate the capacity and ability to identify a research theme, to develop research aims, objectives and outcomes, and to present the outcomes of such research in both written and verbal formats. The unit also encourages students to reflect on their engagement in the research process during which recommendations for future, personal development are key learning points.
- This course is offered in 50 contact hours.
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Examine appropriate research methodologies and approaches as part of the research process.
- Conduct and analyse research relevant to a business research project.
- Communicate the outcomes of a research project to identified stakeholders.
- Reflect on the application of research methodologies and concepts.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business
Acquire an Honours Degree in Business, Human Resource Management or Marketing via the Pearson BTEC HND in Business route.
As we face an increasingly challenging business environment, employers are looking for professionals who can easily find solutions to an array of problems. The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business (RQF) focuses on developing students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. It is a professional qualification that is recognised as an accepted route into the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university degree qualifications.
Click to learn more about what is an HND.
This Level 5 HND is ideal for those who wish to study at an undergraduate level to pursue or advance their career in business.
It comprises 15 units; 12 core, and 3 electives specific to your chosen specialism (Management, Human Resources and Marketing). Successful completion of the BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business allows direct entry into our following University of Sunderland qualifications:
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Top-Up)*
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing (Top-Up)*
- BA (Hons) Business and Human Resources (Top-Up)*
*These programmes can be completed in 12-18 months.
Upon completion of the above-mentioned degrees, one can then progress on to:
Click here to see our full suite of Higher National Diploma programmes, or here for our 2019 academic schedules.
CSEC/CXC graduates: your internationally-recognised honours degree is closer than you think. Click to find out how.
- Short Business Courses
- Short Information Technology Courses
- Diploma in Applied Business Studies
- ABE Level 4 Diploma in Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Business Administration