The aim of this course is to develop in participants a critical understanding of core subject concepts and the ability to select appropriate strategies that deliver sustainable and competitive supply chain performance in rapidly changing global markets. You will learn how to identify, select and implement the right strategies for supply chains. By studying this course, you will equip yourself with a deeper insight into the aspects that shape modern-day supply chains and what drives their strategies. More than ever before, supply chain management has become a strategic function that is fundamental for surviving and succeeding in today’s competitive environment.
- 45 - 60 Contact Hours
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- critically appreciate the role of logistics and supply chain management in achieving competitive advantage;
- understand the process of formulating strategy for supply chains and ensuring compatibility with wider corporate strategy;
- appreciate the integrative role of logistics and supply chain management and the need for collaboration and cooperation between internal and external supply chain partners;
- demonstrate a sound grasp of the principles and theories underpinning the formulation of logistics network strategy; and
- appreciate how disruptive change in the business environment might affect and transform supply chains in the future.
- Logistics & supply chain management;
- Leveraging logistics for competitive advantage;
- Porter’s value chain;
- Achieving an integrated supply chain;
- The changing competitive environment.
- Financial aspects of supply chain
- Financial flows through the supply chain
- Cash-to-cash cycle time
- Supply chain finance
- Enhanced supply chain visibility
- Faster delivery
- Introduction to the bullwhip effect
- Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR)
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Supply chain design theory
- Matching supply chain requirements and capabilities
- Lean concepts in supply chain management
- Agile concepts in supply chain management
- Comparing lean and agile supply systems
- Comparing lean, hybrid and agile supply chains
- What is globalisation?
- The drivers of globalisation
- World trade and foreign direct investment
- Risk management in a supply chain context
- Risk mitigation approaches
- Master of Business Administration - MBA
An MBA for tomorrow's leaders, today!
The globally recognized Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University MBA programme, offered via SBCS GLI, Trinidad, covers key management disciplines, including people skills, economics, marketing, financial decision making, project management and strategy.
Students are drawn to this popular MBA programme by its academic rigour, its intellectual challenge, its flexibility and its proven ability to greatly enhance student career prospects.
This ACTT-recognised MBA encompasses seven core courses and two elective courses which are all industry-relevant and practical in nature and taught by excellent and experienced lecturers.
Our flexible programme structure and affordable payment plans are ideal for anyone wishing to attain a high-quality Master’s qualification.
Assessments for all courses are currently facilitated via Timed Online Coursework. No assignment or final thesis is applicable for this programme.
About Heriot-Watt University
Overview of the MBA and MSc pathways
Founded in 1821, Heriot-Watt has a rich heritage and is valued for its pioneering research informed by the global needs of business and industry.
Heriot-Watt University is ranked among the top 50 out of 130 UK Universities in the highly regarded 2024 UK University League Table. In addition, Heriot-Watt is ranked in the top 300 universities worldwide by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
The university has five campuses across the world: Edinburgh, Scottish Borders, Orkney, Dubai and Malaysia, as well as 53 Approved Learning partners (ALPs) and educational collaborative partners in 150 countries.
In 2018, the UK Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide named Heriot-Watt University as the International University of the Year.
• Registration for the January 2024 semester commences on November 6th, 2023 • The January 2024 semester starts on January 14th, 2024
• The Online Master's Information Session will be held on November 25th, 2023 | 10:00 am - 12:00 pm Join us for an interactive session to obtain detailed insight into our industry respected Master's programmes. Meet our experienced Faculty and hear from our Alumni on their journey to success. You will be given the opportunity to directly engage lecturer, alumni and administrative staff with your questions and/or queries. Book your space today! Email us at Masters@sbcs.edu.tt indicating your full name, email address and contact number.
For further information