Light is the most critical component of making a photograph, and this workshop begins with looking at light and the way it behaves predictably and introduces the students to methods of controlling and manipulating light to achieve desired results.
We would look at different types of light sources, and learn methods for measuring and capturing these individually and in mixed situations.
This course is ideally suited for intermediate & advanced photographers. Photographers attending this course should have a good working knowledge of their camera.
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Learners have access to a fully equipped Media Studio and Computing Labs to carry out various learning activities
- The course is career-oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on Saturday, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|6th & 13th April 2020||Sat||9:00am - 3:00pm||$2,250.00|
All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
Check out our 2020 Short Course Schedule.
- 12 contact hours
There are no prerequisites for this workshop.
- Please note that all information is subject to change. It is advisable to confirm all information before registration.
- Registration for all Short Media courses can be done at the Champs Fleurs, Trincity or San Fernando Campuses.
- Payment of fees can be made by LINX, credit card or cheque.
- An administration fee of $150.00 is payable on all registrations.
- A late fee of $25 will apply on registrations within 1 week of commencement of class.
- Administrative and late fees do not apply to registrations for seminars.
- A Certificate of participation is awarded to each participant upon satisfying 80% attendance of classes and/or any exam or course-work assigned by the lecturer.
Trincity – (868) 640 7090 ext. 1512 – 1516
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the qualities and directions of light.
- Measure light, using a light meter.
- Identify common photographic lighting modifiers
- Operate a studio strobe
- Operate the camera with an on-camera flash
- Make photographs using ambient light and flash