This unit provides learners with knowledge and an understanding of the features and applications of a range of electrical machines and the hazards, legislation and regulations related to working with electrical apparatus.
- 48 hours
On completing this course successfully learners will be able to:
1. Explain the operation and function of alternating current (AC) machines
2. Explain the operation and function of direct current (DC) machines
3. Describe the principle of operation of transformers
4. Describe how electrical machine control circuits and systems operate
- Matriculation to Higher National Diploma: Engineering
The Matriculation to Higher National Diploma (Engineering), allows learners to pursue the Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in either BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or Construction and the Built Environment (HVAC).
Graduates from the BTEC HND EEE programme can progress to the final year in the BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology programme. Graduates from the BTEC HND Construction and the Built Environment (HVAC) can progress to the BSc.(Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) or BSc. (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up).