This unit provides learners with knowledge and an understanding of the features and applications of a range of electrical machines and the hazards, legislation and regulations related to working with electrical apparatus.
- 48 hours
On completing this course successfully learners will be able to:
1. Explain the operation and function of alternating current (AC) machines
2. Explain the operation and function of direct current (DC) machines
3. Describe the principle of operation of transformers
4. Describe how electrical machine control circuits and systems operate
- Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) - Graduates from this programme can progress to the final year of the BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology programme.
- Mechanical Engineering - Graduates from this programme can progress to the final year of a BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering programme.
- Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering - HVAC) - Graduates from this programme can progress to the BSc (Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) or BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up).
The next intake for this offering will be in September 2021. Registration is currently open and the registration deadline is September 10th 2021.
For more details on fees and courses Download the Programme Brief