This unit aims to give learners knowledge of the components and systems commonly used in lubrication systems, transmissions and plant equipment.
- 48 hours
On completing this course successfully learners will be able to:
1. Explain the uses of lubricants and lubrication systems
2. Explain the uses and applications of a range of engineering components
3. Describe the use and operation of various mechanical power transmission systems
4. Describe the use and operation of various plant equipment and systems
- Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) - Graduates from this programme can progress to the final year of the BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology programme.
- Mechanical Engineering - Graduates from this programme can progress to the final year of a BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering programme.
- Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering - HVAC) - Graduates from this programme can progress to the BSc (Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) or BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up).
The next intake for this offering will be in October 2020. Registration is currently open and the registration deadline is October 19th 2020.
For more details on fees and courses Download the Programme Brief