Within the broad context of the creative industries there are many separate disciplines/specialisms. The main purpose of this unit is to provide students with the opportunity to discover personal strengths and inform independent practice.
This unit is designed to develop the skills to apply creative practice in response to a theme and topics set by Pearson. Students will carry out and apply the knowledge and skills, developed through other areas of their studies, to complete and present an individual project. Wherever possible the unit will simulate working studio conditions, which will enhance and develop professional industry skills and practice.
The ability to define, plan and undertake a project is a critical set of skills throughout the various roles within the creative industries. Identifying appropriate information and analysing this, to formulate clear solutions, is required to underpin many of the processes that inform creative practice.
- This course is offered in 60 contact hours
By the end of this unit students will be able to:
- Examine specialist area of creative practice within historical and contemporary contexts.
- Develop art and design solutions, through an iterative development process, in response to a given brief.
- Present an art and design solution, including a portfolio of development work, in response to a given brief.
- Evaluate work in relation to an identified area of specialism in the creative industries.
Unit type: Core
Unit level: 4
Credit value: 15
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Art and Design (Digital Design)
Employment Focused. Affordable. Globally Recognized Qualifications in Art and Design.
Build and validate your interest, knowledge and skill in creative design processes with the Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Art and Design (Digital Design) at SBCS. This internationally recognized, practical qualification prepares students for employment in the design sector, in areas such as Web Design, Animation, Marketing, Illustration and Multimedia. Focusing not only on the creative side of art and design, but this programme also covers the business aspects of the Corporate and Freelance sector.
The programme comprises 14 units where you will learn and practise a variety of techniques to develop a substantial portfolio of work, as well as set the foundation for an exciting career in the creative industries.
Graduates of this Level 5 Higher National Diploma are accepted onto to the final year of the BA (Hons) in Graphic Design offered by the University of Sunderland.