The Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Graphic Design is designed for individuals who already hold a Higher National Diploma or Foundation degree in Graphic Design or another relevant discipline. It is also for individuals with extensive practical experience who wish to progress their training toward a full honours degree.
Course content mirrors the University of Sunderland-based equivalent Graphic Design course and takes you another step towards becoming a sought-after graphic designer who combines technical expertise with imaginative flair. The graphic design industry offers high rewards for talented people.
Through a range of stimulating modules and projects, you will develop a rigorous approach to different fields of design, including corporate identity, web design, packaging, and environmental graphics. At the same time we will help you develop your ability to work in creative teams within a studio environment.
- 18 months
- Champs Fleurs
Successful completion of:
Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Graphics Design / Art & Design
Foundation Degree, Associate Degree, UTT Diploma (or other relevant certification)
Evidence of extensive practical experience via CV with client / employer recommendation letters included.
- Do note all applicants are required to submit a portfolio of relevant Graphic Design work to assess the suitability for the programme;
- In the absence of point 1 (a), an extensive portfolio of work (best accompanied by evidence of relevant industry experience) would suffice.
All final entry decisions are made by the University of Sunderland.
The next intake for this offering will commence on Monday January 30, 2023. Registration is currently open and the registration deadline is January 27, 2023.. For more details on fees and courses, download the Programme Brief.
All applicants are required to submit a digital portfolio of recent work via email, or web link to email@example.com. Suitable items for review will include:
- Drawing: examples of observed drawing and exploratory drawing
- Projects: evidence of project work together with your sketchbooks and development work
- Self-initiated work: that you have done out of personal interest
- Research: examples of various forms of investigation undertaken for projects
- Writing: examples of reports, essays or journals
HOW TO REGISTER
Step 1 – Confirm your eligibility. Forward soft copies of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- completed University of Sunderland Application Forms (email email@example.com to request a copy)
- portfolio of design work
- proof of payment of Application Fee TT $500.00 (non-refundable)
- original certificate OR a completion letter & your student copy of transcript (in the interim of receiving your certificate). In lieu of the transcript, an official completion letter of a relevant programme can be submitted.
- One form of identification (Birth Certificate / National ID card / Passport) – must be valid for at least 6 months.
Applications are submitted by SBCS to University of Sunderland (UoS) where each is individually assessed. Thereafter you will receive a confirmation email stating your acceptance and at that point, the Registration process can commence.
Step 2 – Complete the Online Programme Registration Form and click submit.
Step 3 – Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via any of the following options below.
Option 1: Payment can be made via Direct deposit / Online bank transfer. Please click here for further instructions regarding the banking options available.
Please note that online bank transfers can be done from the following banking institutions – Republic Bank, Royal Bank, First Citizens Bank and Scotia Bank.
Option 2: WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to the Centre for Media, Communication & Design indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
Note: If an Acceptance Letter is required after registration, kindly note that such requests usually take three (3) working days to process.
For further information, please send an email to the Centre for Media, Communication & Design.
868 663 7227 ext. 1043 – 1046
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Students on the programme will be assessed through coursework, a dissertation and a final project.
While this programme is not funded by GATE, flexible payment plan options are available to all applicants.