The course will be taught by a combination of formal lecture and tutorials. Directed learning will take place outside of lectures and tutorials each week, as students will be required to prepare cases and become aware of changes in environment issues. Students will work in groups of 3-5 for the preparation and presentation of an environmental case study. An assignment and case study will also support the learning outcomes.
- BSc (Hons) Engineering Management (Construction)
This programme is ideally suited for facility managers, office managers, building owners and anyone interested in Facilities Management.
The BSc (Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) programme, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable final year, top-up option to graduates of the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction and the Built Environment (BSE-HVAC) programme offered at SBCS.
Students with only a CSEC or CXC qualification are required to first complete our Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology and then our Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction and the Built Environment (BSE-HVAC) programmes before entering the final year of this degree.
This programme was designed to encourage students to develop a reflective approach to understanding engineering management principles and processes as it relates to the construction environment.
Why Study Engineering Management at SBCS?
- Recognition: This is an Internationally recognized qualification, awarded by the University of Greenwich.
- Career focused: The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace for qualified, competent facility management professionals.
- Graduates: We have produced graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically. They are currently practicing professionals, employed throughout the construction and civil engineering sector.
- Convenient class schedules: Work, Earn and Study at the same time. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Duration: Programme can be completed in one (1) year.
Our next intake is September 2018.