The creative industries are always changing; in response to development in technology, social change and cultural conditions. These, in turn, have an effect on the professions and roles that are required within the industries. Through this unit, students will explore the development of the professions within the creative industries and the roles that make up those professions.
As creative practitioners it is important to schedule time, both to reflect and planfor personal development needs. This can help those working in creative industries to find inspiration and innovate, as well as prepare for external factors, such as keeping up with trends and new developments in their specialist field.
The aim of this unit is for students to begin to define areas for personal professional development, in the context of a growing awareness of the broad scope of the creative industries.
- This course is offered in 60 contact hours
By the end of this unit students will be able to:
- Explore the creative industries professions, through research into historic and contemporary precedent.
- Discuss personal career goals in relation to the range of roles and subjects in the creative industries.
- Define personal development plans; highlighting areas to support specific career goals and general skills.
- Critically reflect on the achievement of personal development goals and plan for the future.
Unit type: Core
Unit level: 4
Credit value: 15
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Art and Design
The Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Art and Design is an internationally recognized qualification that prepares students for employment in the design sector in areas such as Web Design, Animation, Marketing, Illustration, Multimedia as well as the business aspects of Corporate and Freelance design.
Learners will be able to direct their studies to specialize in either Graphic Design, Digital Design or Arts Practice. This programme allows learners to develop a contemporary focus on areas of creative practice relevant to their chosen career path.
Pearson is the largest International awarding body approved by the UK government; it has the widest range of UK academic and vocational qualifications available to schools, colleges and organizations worldwide; operating in over 110 countries, over two million people study for Pearson qualifications in over 7000 centres annually.
Graduates will be able to gain direct access to the extended final year of the BA (Hons) in Graphic Design offered by the University of Sunderland.