The creative industries are always changing; in response to development in technology, social change and cultural conditions. These, in turn, have an effect on the professions and roles that are required within the industries. Through this unit, students will explore the development of the professions within the creative industries and the roles that make up those professions.
As creative practitioners it is important to schedule time, both to reflect and planfor personal development needs. This can help those working in creative industries to find inspiration and innovate, as well as prepare for external factors, such as keeping up with trends and new developments in their specialist field.
The aim of this unit is for students to begin to define areas for personal professional development, in the context of a growing awareness of the broad scope of the creative industries.
- This course is offered in 60 contact hours
By the end of this unit students will be able to:
- Explore the creative industries professions, through research into historic and contemporary precedent.
- Discuss personal career goals in relation to the range of roles and subjects in the creative industries.
- Define personal development plans; highlighting areas to support specific career goals and general skills.
- Critically reflect on the achievement of personal development goals and plan for the future.
Unit type: Core
Unit level: 4
Credit value: 15
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Art and Design (Digital Design)
Employment Focused. Affordable. Globally Recognized Qualifications in Art and Design.
Build and validate your interest, knowledge and skill in creative design processes with the Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Art and Design (Digital Design) at SBCS. This internationally recognized, practical qualification prepares students for employment in the design sector, in areas such as Web Design, Animation, Marketing, Illustration and Multimedia. Focusing not only on the creative side of art and design, but this programme also covers the business aspects of the Corporate and Freelance sector.
The programme comprises 14 units where you will learn and practise a variety of techniques to develop a substantial portfolio of work, as well as set the foundation for an exciting career in the creative industries.
Graduates of this Level 5 Higher National Diploma are accepted onto to the final year of the BA (Hons) in Graphic Design offered by the University of Sunderland.