- Relevant costs for decision making
- Activity Based Costing
- Pricing Decisions
- Management control systems and Performance management
- Standard Costing and Variance analysis
- Working capital management
- Transfer pricing
- 40 Contact Hours
Upon successful completion of this module, students will have demonstrated:
1. Critical understanding of a range of key strategic management accounting models and
2. Critical understanding of local and international level developments within
3. Critical understanding of the role and limitations of management accounting theory.
1. The ability to apply key management accounting concepts and methodologies in order
to contribute to successful decision making in an organization.
The module will be assessed by a single integrative individual examination and this will test the learning outcomes from the module.
This will be based on a case study or a developed scenario (or a combination of both) that will form a synthesis of all elements of the module together with an academic discussion which focuses on models and concepts developed within the module.
- BA (Hons) Business Management
The BA (Hons) Business Management course allows you to benefit from Sunderland’s teaching of business and management without leaving your home region.
The content of the course mirrors the Sunderland-based equivalent course Business Management. This course builds on your existing knowledge and prepares you for managerial roles and professional roles in sales, finance, general business and the public sector. You will undertake three broad-based modules related to project management, strategic management and the latest developments in business management.
You will also study specialist modules that cover Marketing Strategy, Human Resources and Management Accounting. This course is based at study centres, which makes it distinct from our course with the same title that is based at the University of Sunderland. Courses delivered at study centres share the same ethos, material and approach as those delivered at Sunderland itself.
This course is an outstanding way to gain the benefits of an education from our University without having to move to Sunderland.
Sunderland has a strong record in business and management studies, with The Guardian University Guide 2015 naming the University as No.1 in North East England for Course Satisfaction and Student Satisfaction with Teaching in these subjects.