OUTCOME: On completion of this unit, candidates will be able to critically appraise strategies that can be adopted in the supply chain. This unit focuses on the development, configuration and roll out of strategy to help personnel appraise how strategy can be used to help achieve competitive advantage through improved supply chain management.
- This course is offered in 50 hours
Upon successful completion of this unit the learner will be able to:
- Understand how strategic supply chain management can support and influence corporate and business levels of strategy
- Understand how different aspects of supply chain design can influence the supply chain strategy
- Understand the main techniques to achieve effective strategic supply chain management
- Be able to create a plan to achieve effective strategic supply chain management
This unit is examination based and comprises of a pre-released case. The case will be 12-15 pages long and based on a realistic organisation. The case is published on the website at least four weeks in advance of the exam date to allow candidates to analyse the information and prepare for the exam. The exam is open-book and there will be four exam questions each worth 25 marks, each testing a different learning outcome. Questions should be answered within the context of the case.
- Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply
Gain an Industry-driven, Internationally recognised Procurement and Supply Qualification!
Upon successful completion of the CIPS Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply, one can progress onto our MBA Master of Business Administration, then on to the DBA Doctor of Business Administration.