Form and function are the backbones of any successful interior design. Interior designers rely upon many resources including industry design standards, codes and professional ethics to execute captivating, contextual designs that bring enormous value to their clients.
This interior design course will allow you to gain a better understanding of the elements of Interior Design and expose you to this as a profession. You will gain an understanding of the design process and the major principles of design. Learners will also have the opportunity to engage with real-life examples and understand what it takes to design a project.
This course is designed for persons interested in the field of interior design, event managers, real estate agents, contractors, property managers, creative persons looking to change careers or to enhance their skill set and persons in professions where spatial design would be an asset or requirement.
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- The course is career-oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered part-time, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cost|
|18-Aug-20||17-Sep-20||Tues/Thurs||5:30pm - 8:30pm||US$420.00/TT$2,750.00|
All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
Check out our 2020 Short Course Schedule.
- 30 Contact hours
To register for this course, please follow the instructions below:
- Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
*If you do not have a PayPal account or a credit card, you can utilize the following payment option:
Payment of TT$2,750.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip or e-receipt to Corporate Training Centre CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt and firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in the body of the email:
Type of payment: Tuition and Registration Fees
Upon receipt of your email, an SBCS representative will confirm receipt and once the funds have been credited to our account, you will be notified of same and you will receive instructions on accessing your online sessions in a subsequent email.
For further information, please send an email to Corporate Training Centre CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt
Please check that your laptop/tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the Design process
- Understand and be exposed to the Design Elements
- Understand the principles of Design
- Effectively communicate the Design intent
Recommended Textbooks and readings
- Professional Practice for Interior Design 5th Edition By Christine M. Piotrowski
- Time-Saver Standards for Interior Design and Space Planning by Joseph; Panero, Julius; Zelnik, Martin DeChiara