Form and function are the backbone of any successful interior design. Interior designers rely upon many resources including industry design standards, codes and professional ethics to execute captivating, contextual designs that bring enormous value to their clients.
This interior design course will allow you to gain a better understanding of the elements of Interior Design and expose you to this as a profession. You will gain an understanding of the design process and the major principles of design. Learners will also have the opportunity to engage with real life examples and understand what it takes to design a project.
- 30 Contact hours
This course is designed for persons interested in the field of interior design, event managers, real estate agents, contractors, property managers, creative persons looking to change careers or to enhance their skill set and persons in professions where spatial design would be an asset or requirement.
- Please note that all information is subject to change. It is advisable to confirm all information before registration.
- Registration for all Short Media courses can be done at the Champs Fleurs, Trincity or San Fernando Campuses.
- Payment of fees can be made by LINX, credit card or cheque.
- An administration fee of $150.00 is payable on all registrations.
- A late fee of $25 will apply on registrations within 1 week of commencement of class.
- Administrative and late fees do not apply to registrations for seminars.
- A Certificate of participation is awarded to each participant upon satisfying 80% attendance of classes and/or any exam or course-work assigned by lecturer.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the Design process
- Understand and be exposed to the Design Elements
- Understand the principles of Design
- Effectively communicate the Design intent
Recommended Textbooks and readings
- Professional Practice for Interior Design 5th Edition By Christine M. Piotrowski
- Time-Saver Standards for Interior Design and Space Planning by Joseph; Panero, Julius; Zelnik, Martin DeChiara