This programme seeks to pair passion and interest in event management with that of the critical tools of strategic planning, detail orientation, delegation and solution orientation. Learners will develop their understanding of the five steps of the event management model and how to apply this in planning a successful event. They will also understand the importance of positioning their event brand through marketing, networking and their work standard. This step by step approach will cover all details of event planning including: budget management, venue selection, supplier contract management, programme planning, evaluation, etc. This programme will marry event management theory with a practical/ hands-on approach that confidently transforms the learner into an event leader.
This certificate is an ideal fit, if you are:
- Seeking to begin a professional career or business in events, communications, marketing, sports, entertainment or any other industry that requires event planning at various levels.
- A new event professional wanting to gain theoretical knowledge in the field.
- Responsible for managing events through volunteerism, work assignments, church or personal.
- Looking to enhance your professional skill set.
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- The course is career-oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on Saturday, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
The duration of this course is 24 contact hours.
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Mode of Delivery||Days||Time||Cost|
|16-Oct-22||04-Dec-22||Blended||Sun||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||US$377 / TT$2,450|
Please click Registration Information for more details.
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
- 24 Contact Hours
- Champs Fleurs
- Administration fee: Free Registration at this time for all short courses.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to email@example.com indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$2,450.00 can be made via a direct or in bank deposit as directed here.
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for & Undergraduate Business Programmes (CUBP) firstname.lastname@example.org informing of such.
Once CUBP verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to Centre for & Undergraduate Business Programmes (CUBP) email@example.com or call 663-7227 extension 1041 – 1045
1-868 – 663-7227 extension 1041 – 1045
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the core elements that create a successful event.
- Plan successful events of their own including goal setting, budgeting and evaluation.
- Assess risk when planning their events and how to find solutions.
- Become more confident when leading an event team.
- Understand the importance of pairing the right marketing strategies with the right events.
- Understand venue selection, programme planning and managing client expectations.
- Apply theories learnt to real life scenarios.