Form and function are the backbones of any successful interior design. Interior designers rely upon many resources including industry design standards, codes and professional ethics to execute captivating, contextual designs that bring enormous value to their clients.
This interior design course will allow you to gain a better understanding of the elements of Interior Design and expose you to this as a profession. You will gain an understanding of the design process and the major principles of design. Learners will also have the opportunity to engage with real-life examples and understand what it takes to design a project.
This course is designed for persons interested in the field of interior design, event managers, real estate agents, contractors, property managers, creative persons looking to change careers or to enhance their skill set and persons in professions where spatial design would be an asset or requirement.
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Learners have access to a fully equipped Graphic Design Studio and Mac/Computing Labs to carry out various learning activities
- The course is career-oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on Saturday, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
The duration of this course is 21 contact hours.
- Payment Plans are available
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Mode of Delivery||Days||Time||Mode||Cost|
|06-Mar-23||05-Apr-23||Online||Mon & Wed||5:30 pm - 7:45 pm||PT||US $345 / TT$2,250.00|
Please click Registration Information for more details.
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
On completion, students can progress to:
- 21 Contact hours
- Champs Fleurs
Participants should be computer literate.
Requirements for Online Sessions:
- Windows OS or MAC OS X : Windows 10
- Office: Microsoft Office 2019 (Office 2016 is similar to the 2019 version)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Administration fee: US $23 / TT $150
Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss it further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to email@example.com indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$2,250.00 can be made via a direct or in bank deposit as directed here.
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Media, Communication & Design (CMCD) firstname.lastname@example.org informing of such.
Once CMCD verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to Centre for Media, Communication & Design (CMCD) email@example.com or call 663-7227 extension 1041 – 1045.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the Design process
- Understand and be exposed to the Design Elements
- Understand the principles of Design
- Understanding space
- Effectively communicate the Design intent
Recommended Textbooks and Readings
- The Fundamentals of Design by Simon Dodsworth
- Professional Practice for Interior Design 5th Edition By Christine M. Piotrowski
- Time-Saver Standards for Interior Design and Space Planning by Joseph; Panero, Julius; Zelnik, Martin DE Chiara