This Pearson and ACTT approved foundation programme is geared toward CXC/CSEC graduates as an alternative to CAPE, 6th Form or Level 3 study. It provides learners with the opportunity to pursue a combined, higher-level qualification in Media and Graphic Design as a pathway to undergraduate study.
Graduates of this foundation programme can progress directly to Pearson’s Higher National Diploma (HND) in Creative Media Production or Art and Design and upon successful completion be eligible for the final year of an honours degree in Mass Communications or Graphic Design from the University of Sunderland.
- 1 Year
Eligible applicants must satisfy the following:
- Possess a minimum of four (4) CSEC/CXC passes inclusive of Mathematics and English or any equivalent qualification;
- Interested persons not meeting the criteria as stated above may be further assessed to confirm programme eligibility.
Note: Students who need to repeat either Mathematics or English but are interested in registering for this Diploma can do both simultaneously with us! In addition, we will provide you with a 20% discount on the applicable CSEC tuition fee.
The next intake for this offering will be October 04, 2021. Registration is currently open and the registration deadline is October 02, 2021. For more details on fees and courses, download the Programme Brief.
HOW TO REGISTER
Step 1 – Confirm your eligibility. Forward soft copies of the following to email@example.com:
- original certificate of CSEC/CXC results
- A detailed résumé and/or job letter where applicable.
- One form of identification (Birth Certificate / National ID card / Passport) – must be valid for at least 6 months.
Administration must confirm of your eligibility before you apply.
Step 2 – Complete the Online Programme Registration Form and click submit.
Step 3 – Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via any of the following options below.
Option 1: Payment can be made via Direct deposit / Online bank transfer. Please click here for further instructions regarding the banking options available.
Please note that online bank transfers can be done from the following banking institutions – Republic Bank, Royal Bank, First Citizens Bank and Scotia Bank.
Option 2: WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to the Centre for Media, Communication & Design indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
Note: If an Acceptance Letter is required after registration, kindly note that such requests usually take three (3) working days to process.
For further information, please send an email to the Centre for Media, Communication & Design.
The core aims of this Diploma in Media and Graphic Design programme are to:
- Engage learners with industry-relevant, practical experience via vocational and academic learning;
- Train graduates that are capable of effectively functioning in a variety of contexts within the contemporary Media and Design industries at entry or junior levels;
- Support learners with an appropriate academic foundation at Level 3 for higher levels of undergraduate study;
- Empower learners to navigate their career path through the dynamics of the contemporary creative industries;
- Educate learners regarding the history and practice of print and digital media design and production.