This Pearson and ACTT approved foundation programme is geared toward CXC/CSEC graduates as an alternative to CAPE or 6th Form. It provides learners with the opportunity to pursue a combined, higher-level qualification in Media and Graphic Design as a pathway to undergraduate study.
Graduates of is foundation programme can progress directly to Pearson’s Higher National Diploma (HND) in Creative Media Production or Graphic Design and upon successful completion be eligible for the final year of an honours degree in Media and Communications (University of Greenwich) or Graphic Design (University of Sunderland).
- 1 Year
Eligible applicants must satisfy the following:
- Possess a minimum of four (4) CSEC/CXC passes inclusive of Mathematics and English or any equivalent qualification;
- All applicants must complete a diagnostic test at the start of their studies to receive further academic advisement;
- Interested persons not meeting the criteria as stated above may be further assessed to confirm programme eligibility.
In order to register, you must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting:
- Original certificates along with 3 copies
- A detailed résumé and/or job letter where applicable.
Acceptance letters take three (3) working days to process after registration once requested.
The main aims of the SBCS Diploma in Media and Graphics are:
- To expose students to a work based experience via a blend of vocational and academic learning experience;
- To produce a graduate with the requisite skills, knowledge, understanding and personal attributes so as to continue their professional development and further their study in a Media or Graphic Design discipline;
- To produce a graduate that can communicate effectively in the work place;
- To ensure that graduates understand the structures and objectives of their discipline;
- Establish a foundation for career development in Media and Graphic Design for all graduates of this programme;
- To stimulate intellectual curiosity and encourage independent thinking in our graduates;
- To ensure graduates are confident to recognize and create opportunities when the situation arises;
- To produce graduates who can make use of current information and communication technologies;
- To produce graduates who can work in teams and at the same time demonstrate individuality and originality.