This unit aims to give learners knowledge of the components and systems commonly used in lubrication systems, transmissions and plant equipment.
- 48 hours
On completing this course successfully learners will be able to:
1. Explain the uses of lubricants and lubrication systems
2. Explain the uses and applications of a range of engineering components
3. Describe the use and operation of various mechanical power transmission systems
4. Describe the use and operation of various plant equipment and systems
- Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) - Graduates from this programme can progress to the final year of the BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology programme.
- Mechanical Engineering - Graduates from this programme can progress to the final year of a BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering programme.
- Construction and the Built Environment (Civil Engineering) - Graduates from this programme can progress to the BSc (Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) or BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up).
The next intake for this offering will be in October 2023.
For more details on fees and courses Download the Programme Brief