Organisational Behaviour examines the structures of our workplaces and looks at ways in which they can be improved. It addresses issues such as workforce motivation, incentives, team building and office environments and how we can best manage the dynamics of organisational change.
- 50 - 60 Contact Hours
- Basics of organisational behaviour related to management.
- Stress and well-being at work.
- Contemporary theories of motivation.
- Organisational control and reward systems.
- Job design and employee reactions to work.
- Workgroup dynamics and group-based problem solving.
- Influence processes in organisations: power, politics, leadership.
- Organisational design and new service-driven organisations.
- Managing transitions: organisational culture and change.
- MSc. Human Resource Management (Continuing Students only)
Built around the key roles of Human Resource Management, this programme will help develop the HR Manager’s strategic, functional and personal skills.
Ask any organisation to identify the key to their success and they’ll say “our people”, but for those people to perform at their best, they need to work in an atmosphere in which they feel valued and rewarded. The HR professional is one of the keys to delivering just that.
This programme will enable managers, whatever their present level of experience, to develop the strategic, functional and personal skills they need to meet the increasingly demanding roles of HR. The programme also addresses the increasingly important interfaces between HR and other key business functions, including marketing and communications, information and communications technologies and knowledge management.
The areas of study include the HR function as a strategic partner, change agent, administrative expert and employee champion. It also addresses the interface between HR and other key business functions. Graduates of the MSc will come away with invaluable insights, increased understanding and new knowledge.
- Heriot Watt University holds a Royal Charter from the UK Government.
- Read more on the Heriot Watt University Accreditation.
- Heriot Watt University is also reviewed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) UK.
- Ranked 29th out of 130 UK universities in the Complete University Guide 2021.
- Named by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide as International University of the Year 2018.
- Click here for the full list of HWU rankings.
REGISTRATION PERIOD FOR THE JULY 2020 SEMESTER:
- June 27th - July 11th, 2020
- July 13th, 2020
Masters PT July - December 2020 Tuition Schedule
For further information:
VIEW OTHER EBS HERIOT WATT UNIVERSITY MASTERS DEGREE