Employment Focused; Affordable; Globally Recognized Qualifications in Creative Media Production.
Build and validate your interest, knowledge and skill with the Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Creative Media Production at SBCS. This internationally recognized, practical qualification prepares students for employment in the media sector, in areas such as Radio, Television, Film, Journalism, and Multimedia. Not just focused on the technical side of things, it also covers the business aspects of Corporate Communications and Freelance employment.
Click to learn more about what is an HND.
The programme comprises of 15 units where you can learn and practise a variety of techniques to develop a substantial portfolio of work. This programme also sets the foundation for an exciting career in the creative industries.
Graduates of this Level 5 Higher National Diploma will be accepted onto to the final year of our BA (Hons) Mass Communications.
- two (2) years and six (6) months
- Champs Fleurs
Students applying for the BTEC HND in Creative Media Production must satisfy one of the following requirements.
- Successful completion of the SBCS Diploma in Media and Graphic Design
- 18 years and over with 2 A’ Levels or CAPE equivalent
- 18 years and over with Level 3 Certificate or ABE Diploma (Level 4) or any equivalent qualification
- 21 years and over with 2 years relevant working experience and 4 O’ Levels inclusive of English
* Part-time students will also be required to attend a co-requisite course at the start of the programme.
The next intake for this offering will commence on Monday September 25, 2023. Registration is currently open and the registration deadline is September 22, 2023. For more details on fees and courses, download the Programme Brief.
HOW TO REGISTER
Step 1 – Confirm your eligibility. Forward soft copies of the following to email@example.com:
- original certificate of CSEC/CXC results
- A detailed résumé and/or job letter where applicable.
- One form of identification (Birth Certificate / National ID card / Passport) – must be valid for at least 6 months.
Administration must confirm of your eligibility before you apply.
Step 2 – Complete the Online Programme Registration Form and click submit.
Step 3 – Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via any of the following options below.
Option 1: Payment can be made via Direct deposit / Online bank transfer. Please click here for further instructions regarding the banking options available.
Please note that online bank transfers can be done from the following banking institutions – Republic Bank, Royal Bank, First Citizens Bank and Scotia Bank.
Option 2: WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to the Centre for Media, Communication & Design indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
Note: If an Acceptance Letter is required after registration, kindly note that such requests usually take three (3) working days to process.
For further information, please send an email to the Centre for Media, Communication & Design.
868 663 7227 ext. 1043 – 1046
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
This programme will be assessed by a series of theoretical and practical assignments.
Aims and Objectives
- Develop an understanding of creative media through the interrelation of theory and practice;
- Encourage the integration of creative technical and professional problem solving skills;
- Select, educate and develop well-rounded, self-motivated individuals with specific professional creative skills;
- Enable students to study and develop an individual vision and creative philosophy;
- Provide the necessary personal/interpersonal skills to enable graduates to operate efficiently within professional and social environments;
- Reflect the ethical, environmental and social consequences of creative media production in professional work.
The BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Creative Media Production can be earned in 2 years on a full-time basis or 2 years and 8 months on a part-time basis. Students are required to complete a total of fifteen (15) units based on their area of specialism to be awarded certification. Assessments within the programme are done exclusively through coursework.
- Individual Project (Pearson-set)
- Creative Media Industry
- Professional Practice
- Film Practices
- Film Studies
- Editing for Film and Television
- Radio Production
- Principles of Photography
- Collaborative Project (Pearson-set)
- Personal Professional Development
- Advanced Film Production Studies
- Magazine & Feature Production
- Specialist Journalism
- Social Media Practice