- 60 Contact Hours
On successful completion of this unit, a learner will:
- Identify, describe, evaluate, select and use appropriate technology.
- Understand, communicate and adapt to a digital world.
- Explain the basic components of computer networks.
- Describe, analyse, develop and follow policies for managing ethical and legal issues in a technology-based society.
- Matriculation to Higher National Diploma: Media and Graphic Design
This Pearson and ACTT approved foundation programme is geared toward CXC/CSEC graduates as an alternative to CAPE, 6th Form or Level 3 study. It provides learners with the opportunity to pursue a combined, higher-level qualification in Media and Graphic Design as a pathway to undergraduate study.
Graduates of is foundation programme can progress directly to Pearson’s Higher National Diploma (HND) in Creative Media Production or Graphic Design and upon successful completion be eligible for the final year of an honours degree in Media and Communications (University of Greenwich) or Graphic Design (University of Sunderland).