A Professional Certificate in Food Safety (Hygiene) Management will provide learners with an understanding of the processes required to produce safe food. Learners will develop skills to manage activities to achieve safe food production. Emphasis will be placed on food safety and its importance to the hospitality industry and its customers.
Learners will gain knowledge on the principles of food hygiene, in addition to causes of food poisoning, contamination and spoilage. Application of this course will allow learners to recognize the importance of hygienic processes needed in safe food production.
This course is designed for small business caterers and persons interested in the hospitality and events management industry.
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- The course is career-oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on Saturday, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cost|
|25-Apr-20||20-Jun-20||Sat||9:00am - 12:00pm||Cash Price: $2,250; |
Registration fee: $150 or $175 (late)
All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
Check out our 2020 Short Course Schedule.
- 24 Contact Hours
- Please note that all information is subject to change. It is advisable to confirm all information before registration.
- Registration for this course can be done at the Champs Fleurs, Trincity or San Fernando Campuses.
- Payment of fees can be made by LINX, credit card or cheque.
- An administration fee of $150.00 is payable on all registrations.
- A late fee of $25 will apply on registrations within 1 week of commencement of class.
- Administrative and late fees do not apply to registrations for seminars.
- A Certificate of participation is awarded to each participant upon satisfying 80% attendance of classes and/or any exam or course-work assigned by lecturer.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the causes of contamination and food-borne illness
- Identify processes that may prevent food spoilage and preserve food quality
- Apply effective prevention systems in the control of food contamination