A Professional Certificate in Food Safety (Hygiene) Management will provide learners with an understanding of the processes required to produce safe food. Learners will develop skills to manage activities to achieve safe food production. Emphasis will be placed on food safety and its importance to the hospitality industry and its customers.
Learners will gain knowledge on the principles of food hygiene, in addition to causes of food poisoning, contamination and spoilage. Application of this course will allow learners to recognize the importance of hygienic processes needed in safe food production.
This course is designed for small business caterers and persons interested in the hospitality and events management industry.
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- The course is career-oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on Saturday, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cost|
|5-Sep-20||24-Oct-20||Sat||9:00 am - 12:00 noon||US$345.00/TT$2,250.00|
All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
- 24 Contact Hours
To register for this course, please follow the instructions below:
- Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
*If you do not have a PayPal account or a credit card, you can utilize the following payment option:
Payment of TT$2,250.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip or e-receipt to Corporate Training Centre CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt and firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in the body of the email:
Type of payment: Tuition and Registration Fees
Upon receipt of your email, an SBCS representative will confirm receipt and once the funds have been credited to our account, you will be notified of same and you will receive instructions on accessing your online sessions in a subsequent email.
For further information, please send an email to Corporate Training Centre CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt
Please check that your laptop/tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the causes of contamination and food-borne illness
- Identify processes that may prevent food spoilage and preserve food quality
- Apply effective prevention systems in the control of food contamination