Many persons are intimidated by the idea of putting ingredients together to create a meal, but with a proper understanding of techniques, and a good knowledge of ingredients, cooking can be very rewarding and exciting. This course will be beneficial for anyone who wants to develop their cooking skills whether it is for fun, family, or considering a profession. Starting with the fundamentals, working through techniques in knife skills and cooking methods, and not forgetting the all-important presentation. This all with a healthy approach.
Upon completion of this course, a learner would be able to face any culinary challenge with confidence.
Cooking 101 is for persons who enjoy cooking; who want to learn professional techniques to create more refined dishes/ meals in a healthy way; and persons already in the field who may want to enhance and build on the foundation established from their work experience, as well as gain certification.
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- The course is career-oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on Saturday, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
The duration of this course is 24 contact hours.
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Mode of Delivery||Days||Time||Cost|
|27-Jan-24||23-Mar-24||on Campus||Saturday||8:00 am - 12:00 pm||US$438 / TT$2,850|
Please click Registration Information for more details.
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
On completion students can progress to:
- A STEP-BY-STEP Approach to Opening and Managing A Successful Small Food Business
- A Professional Certificate in Food and Beverage Operations
- A Professional Certificate in Food Safety (Hygiene) Management
- Bartending 101
- Baking 101
Also see our 2022 training schedule below:
- 24 Contact Hours
- Champs Fleurs
None (A Passion for Cooking will be an Asset)
All consumables will be provided
- Administration fee: US $23 / TT $150
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$3,000.00 (2,850 + 150) can be made via a direct or in bank deposit as directed here.
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for & Undergraduate Business Programmes (CUBP) email@example.com informing of such.
Once CUBP verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to Centre for & Undergraduate Business Programmes (CUBP) firstname.lastname@example.org or call 663-7227 extension 1041 – 1045
1-868 – 663-7227 extension 1041 – 1045
On the completion of this course, students would be able to:
- Discuss and execute proper food preparation techniques
- Discuss and execute various cooking methods (where applicable): deep frying, braising,grilling, roasting, sautéing, pan searing, steaming, etc.
- Demonstrate efficiency when producing food items
- Present food items attractively and creatively
- Plan menu items efficiently, cohesively and that are healthy
- Discuss ingredient properties and characteristics
- Prepare dishes by following recipes
- Apply creativity within practical boundaries