A Professional Certificate in Food Safety (Hygiene) Management will provide learners with an understanding of the processes required to produce safe food. Learners will develop skills to manage activities to achieve safe food production. Emphasis will be placed on food safety and its importance to the hospitality industry and its customers.
Learners will gain knowledge on the principles of food hygiene, in addition to causes of food poisoning, contamination and spoilage. Application of this course will allow learners to recognize the importance of hygienic processes needed in safe food production.
Click here for the full course outline.
An e-certificate will be issued at the end.
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- The course is career-oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on Saturday, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
The duration of this course is 24 contact hours.
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Mode of Delivery||Days||Time||Cost|
|04-Apr-23||23-May-23||Online||Tues||5:30 pm -8:30 pm||US$300 / TT$1,950|
Please click Registration Information for more details.
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
On completion students can progress to:
- 24 Contact Hours
- Champs Fleurs
- Administration fee: US $23 / TT $150
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to email@example.com indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$1,950.00 can be made via a direct or in bank deposit as directed here.
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for & Undergraduate Business Programmes (CUBP) firstname.lastname@example.org informing of such.
Once CUBP verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to Centre for & Undergraduate Business Programmes (CUBP) email@example.com or call 663-7227 extension 1041 – 1045.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the causes of contamination and food-borne illness
- Identify processes that may prevent food spoilage and preserve food quality
- Apply effective prevention systems in the control of food contamination