This is an introductory course into the world of Baking. While some participants may have some practical experience, this course is designed to provide you with formal training in the core foundational concepts and thus help you to understand the theoretical elements. This will certainly help participants to gain the basic understanding required to start their careers and further develop in the industry.
Persons who have a passion for baking and will like to gain an understanding of the foundational elements.
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- The course is career-oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on Saturday, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
The duration of this course is 32 contact hours.
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|Mode of Delivery
|1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
|US$438 / TT$2850
Please click Registration Information for more details.
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
On completion students can progress to:
- Advanced Baking
- A STEP-BY-STEP Approach to Opening and Managing A Successful Small Food Business
- A Professional Certificate in Food and Beverage Operations
- A Professional Certificate in Food Safety (Hygiene) Management
- Bartending 101
- Cooking 101 – A healthy approach
Also see our 2022 training schedule below:
- 32 Contact Hours
- Champs Fleurs
None (A Passion for Baking will be an Asset)
All consumables will be provided
- Administration fee: US $23 / TT $150
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$3,000.00 (2,850 +150) can be made via a direct or in bank deposit as directed here.
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for & Undergraduate Business Programmes (CUBP) email@example.com informing of such.
Once CUBP verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to Centre for & Undergraduate Business Programmes (CUBP) firstname.lastname@example.org or call 663-7227 extension 1041 – 1045
1-868 – 663-7227 extension 1041 – 1045
On the completion of this programme, participants will be able to:-
- Understand safety and the equipment used in baking
- Understanding the fundamentals of ingredients, their measurement, reactions and mixing techniques
- Make different types of breads
- Make various forms of pastry
- Make Cakes
- Understand basic faults and causes which may arise and their solutions