The Professional Certificate in Graphic Design will introduce learners to the important fundamentals of the graphic design industry and expose professionals to the required knowledge of key principles and concepts associated with design theory with the use of various design software.
This intention is twofold; firstly, it will help learners create, visually compelling and aesthetically appealing visuals for their projects. Secondly, it will assist them at tailoring a design product that fits a specific purpose, thus fulfilling the goals of its users and the client.
This course is ideally suited for persons who are interested in Graphic Design and wish to understand the basics of the Design industry.
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Learners have access to a fully equipped Graphic Design Studio and Mac/Computing Labs to carry out various learning activities
- The course is career-oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on Saturday, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cost|
|16-May-2020||25-July-2020||Sat||1:00pm - 4:00pm||$2,450.00|
All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
Check out our 2020 Short Course Schedule.
- 12 contact hours
Participants are required to be computer literate before attempting this course.
- Please note that all information is subject to change. It is advisable to confirm all information before registration.
- Registration for all Short Media courses can be done at the Champs Fleurs, Trincity or San Fernando Campuses.
- Payment of fees can be made by LINX, credit card or cheque.
- An administration fee of $150.00 is payable on all registrations.
- A late fee of $25 will apply on registrations within 1 week of commencement of class.
- Administrative and late fees do not apply to registrations for seminars.
- A Certificate of participation is awarded to each participant upon satisfying 80% attendance of classes and/or any exam or course-work assigned by the lecturer.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- understand and recount important concepts in design theory.
- use the appropriate idea generation and project management activities.
- know the basics of prerequisite design tools and software.
- implement the appropriate marketing techniques to various projects.