The Professional Certificate in Graphic Design will introduce learners to the important fundamentals of the graphic design industry and expose professionals to the required knowledge of key principles and concepts associated with design theory with the use of various design software.
This intention is twofold; firstly, it will help learners create, visually compelling and aesthetically appealing visuals for their projects. Secondly, it will assist them at tailoring a design product that fits a specific purpose, thus fulfilling the goals of its users and the client.
This course is ideally suited for persons who are interested in Graphic Design and wish to understand the basics of the Design industry.
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Learners have access to a fully equipped Graphic Design Studio and Mac/Computing Labs to carry out various learning activities
- The course is career-oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on Saturday, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
The duration of this course is 30 contact hours.
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Mode of Delivery||Days||Time||Cost|
|27-Mar-2021||29-May-2021||Blended||Sat||9:00 am - 12:00 pm||US $345 / TT$2,250.00|
Please click Registration Information for more details.
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
On completion students can progress to:
- 30 Contact Hours
- Champs Fleurs
Participants should be computer literate and possess some familiarity with art software such as Photoshop and After Effects.
Requirements for Online Sessions:
- Windows OS: Windows 10
- Office: Microsoft Office 2019 (Office 2016 is similar to the 2019 version)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (this will be provided by SBCS)
- Administration fee: Free Registration at this time for all short courses.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$2,250.00 can be made via a direct or in bank deposit as directed here.
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Media, Communication & Design (CMCD) email@example.com informing of such.
Once CMCD verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to Centre for Media, Communication & Design (CMCD) firstname.lastname@example.org or call 663-7227 extension 1041 – 1045.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- understand and recount important concepts in design theory.
- use the appropriate idea generation and project management activities.
- know the basics of prerequisite design tools and software.
- implement the appropriate marketing techniques to various projects.