Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (Certifications, Short Courses, Degrees)
The Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) offers internationally recognized degrees, Higher National Diplomas (HNDs) and short course certifications from Pearson, the University of Greenwich, City & Guilds, Microsoft, CISCO, CompTIA, ETA and others.
- Facilities Management: Matriculation to HND: Engineering → HND Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering - HVAC) → BSc (Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) OR BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering: Matriculation to HND: Engineering → HND Electrical and Electronic Engineering → BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering: Matriculation to HND: Engineering → HND Mechanical Engineering → BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering (subject to approval)
Why Study Engineering at SBCS?
- Obtain an internationally recognized degree with CSEC/CXC. The combination of the Matriculation (Foundation) programme and the HND is an alternative to CAPE. The final year of the relevant degree can then be pursued.
- Mature entry route to the HNDs is available with relevant work experience.
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Courses are career oriented and were developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace.
- Courses include practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught.
- Courses are taught in well-equipped labs.
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered full time, part time and Saturdays, which allow working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
Short courses are offered in several areas including Automotive Maintenance, Plumbing, Renewable Energy, Fibre Optics, AutoCAD, Computer Repairs, Computer Security, Graphics, Website Design and more. Note that all short courses can be customized for training employees. Discuss cost effective solutions with us to meet your Training & Development requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 Short Course Schedules