Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (Certifications, Short Courses, Degrees)
The Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) offers globally recognized degrees, Higher National Diplomas (HNDs) and short course certifications from Pearson, the University of Greenwich, City & Guilds, Microsoft, CISCO, CompTIA, ETA and others.
CSEC / CXC to Degree
Start with our Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology from CSEC or CXC, and progress through one of the following pathways.
- Facilities Management: Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology → HND Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering - HVAC) → BSc (Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) OR BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering: Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology → HND Electrical and Electronic Engineering → BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering: Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology → HND Mechanical Engineering → BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering (subject to approval)
Earn a Technical Qualification from City & Guilds
Why Study Engineering at SBCS?
- Obtain a globally recognized degree with CSEC/CXC. The combination of SBCS' Diploma programme and the HND is an alternative to CAPE. The final year of the relevant degree can then be pursued.
- Mature entry route to the HNDs is available with relevant work experience.
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Courses are career oriented and were developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace.
- Courses include practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught.
- Courses are taught in well-equipped labs.
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered full time, part time and Saturdays, which allow working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
Offered in several areas including Automotive Maintenance, Plumbing, Renewable Energy, Website Design and more; some may be customized for training employees.
2018 Short Course Schedules