Centre for Information Technology and Engineering
Welcome to the Centre for Information Technology and Engineering!
We are your connection for professional training and education in Information Technology and Engineering at SBCS. Our Centre offers a full range of courses to meet your learning goals. Our diverse portfolio leads to premier Short IT and Certification Courses and Short Engineering and Technical Vocational Courses certifications, as well as BEng, BSc, and MSc degrees:
- SBCS Diploma Computing
- SBCS Diploma Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Technology
- SBCS Assured Certificate (City and Guilds) in Facilities Management
- SBCS Assured Certificate (City and Guilds) in Sustainable Recycling
- American Welding Society (AWS) SENSE Welding - Level 1
- ABMA Level 4 Diploma in Public Health Management
- ABMA Level 4 Diploma in Computing and Information Systems
- ABMA Level 5 Diploma in Computing and Information Systems
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Engineering)
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
- Fundamentals to Health, Safety and the Environment
- BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up)
- BSc (Hons) Computing (Top-Up)
- BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology (Top-Up)
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering (Top-up)
- MSc Operational Cyber Security
- MSc Safety, Health, Environment or Occupational Hygiene
- Short IT and Certification Courses
- Short Engineering and Technical Vocational Courses
With our team of practitioners, we build and deliver outstanding learning opportunities to reach learners using online, hybrid, and face-to-face delivery modes.
Our professional and technical/vocational courses are available in whatever way is most convenient for you or your organization, whether on campus, online, on location, or via a combination of delivery paths. Regardless of your location or stage in career, when it comes to Computing and Engineering training, we have what you need to stay current, motivated, and relevant in industry.
- Obtain a globally recognized degree with CSEC/CXC. The combination of SBCS' Diploma programme and the HND is an alternative to CAPE. The final year of the relevant degree can then be pursued.
- Mature entry route to the HNDs is available with relevant work experience.
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Courses are career-oriented and were developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace.
- Courses include practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught.
- Courses are taught in well-equipped labs.
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered full time, part-time and Saturdays, which allow working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
- Principles of Waste Reduction, Recycling and Solid Waste Management
- Automotive Maintenance (Engine Repairs). Upon completion, participants can register for the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) online examination.